H1B Layoff & H1 transfer

abc000

Hi,

May I please as for your help getting better understanding on few things regarding H1-B.

Scenario: I have currently completed 1 year on H1b and have valid H1 b status stamped until September 2015. My current company is shutting down at the end of this month and I am now looking for different options to maintain a legal status and had following questions: 

1) Is there any reasonable time allowed by law to find a new employer after we get laid off on H1 due to the closure of the company? 

2) what is the possibility of getting H1 B transferred without recent paystubs in the event we dont have paystubs for short period of time for 1-2 months? 

3)  If we go for COS from H1 to F1, will it be possible to again transfer F1 to H1 upon getting a new job, if we have initially got an H1 subject to cap, in the event are we subject to cap again or not?

4) Will it be possible to get an H1B transferred to a consulting company before I  get a project with client? 

Please suggest me of other options I have at this point. I will appreciate your help and guidance on the

same. 

Thank you.

Hi,

May I please as for your help getting better understanding on few things regarding H1-B.

Scenario: I have currently completed 1 year on H1b and have valid H1 b status stamped until September 2015. My current company is shutting down at the end of this month and I am now looking for different options to maintain a legal status and had following questions: 

1) Is there any reasonable time allowed by law to find a new employer after we get laid off on H1 due to the closure of the company? 

2) what is the possibility of getting H1 B transferred without recent paystubs in the event we dont have paystubs for short period of time for 1-2 months? 

3)  If we go for COS from H1 to F1, will it be possible to again transfer F1 to H1 upon getting a new job, if we have initially got an H1 subject to cap, in the event are we subject to cap again or not?

4) Will it be possible to get an H1B transferred to a consulting company before I  get a project with client? 

Please suggest me of other options I have at this point. I will appreciate your help and guidance on the

same. 

Thank you.

1. No.

2. Either you could apply for a COS to B2 and hunt for a job or you could exit and enter US when your new employer has obtained I797 approval notice.

3. That is a bad idea as admission for schools for spring session is long over.

4. Again a bad idea. Look for a proper employer with a project.

Archived