can we work on 1099 with employer?

GCindia007

Hi Guys / Attorney / Gurus, 

I am in a below situation. Can anyone please let me know if I will get any issues while getting approval of my pending GC. Right now My PD is current.

1. I have worked for employer B(not the Sponser GC employer) for 1 year on w2 and later 1 year on 1099 both with my EAD without doing AC21 and I am the primary. 

2. Later I joined Company C and working on w2.

I am waiting for my GC.

Anyone can please suggest / comment if I get any RFE or get the approval without any issues

Thanks in advance,

Omnamahshivaya, the forum provides a venue for the attorneys at the Murthy Law Firm to provide some general legal information. We cannot provide specific legal advice via the forum. Moreover, there is no way we can predict whether you are going to run into any problems based on the extremely limited information you have provided. If you would like to go over your case with one of our attorneys, explain the type of position you were initially sponsored for, how this position compares to the position you currently hold, etc, please schedule a consultation with one of the attorneys in our Green Card Department.

As long as you have paid the taxes and maintained the record of expenses mentioned on the tax filing, you are good to go. Don't worry too much...

Thank You itsmeusa. Yes I paid taxes correctly with CPA. My PD is June 2003, EB3I, and right now I am current from last 3 months. I am really tensed, stressed and waiting for the good news.

• 2 weeks later...

What is your concern, exactly?

My concern mainly about switching from w2 to 1099 and again back from 1099 to w2. I have worked for almost 1 year on 1099, I am not sure how and what issues I can get into with my situation. Right now I am still current from last 4 visa bulletins and my case is still pending without any rfe's.

Can you please suggest or give me some hope on my situation?

Thanks,

OP, If you want the response of an attorney, PAY FOR IT. 

Yes, I will differently take service from murthy's attorney once I come to know what is the result of my case. For now, just want to gather information about my case proactively to get some options/suggestions about what kind of issues I might face while my case is pending. 

I just want to ask everyone if I am in safe zone after switching from 1099 to w2 or not?

FYI.This year I will get one 1099(jan-march, from employer b ) and one w2(april to till date, from employer c). 

Thanks,

My concern mainly about switching from w2 to 1099 and again back from 1099 to w2. I have worked for almost 1 year on 1099, I am not sure how and what issues I can get into with my situation. Right now I am still current from last 4 visa bulletins and my case is still pending without any rfe's.

Can you please suggest or give me some hope on my situation?

Thanks,

There is no inherent danger in working on 1099 during the time I-485 is pending.

Archived