L1B to H1B conversion on premium processing

vchamarthi

I am working in USA on L1B (valid until 11th Sep '2011) with company X and Company Y came forward and did my H1b on premium processing and the L1B is converted into H1b effective from 2nd March'2011 and I94 is issued. When I inquired with Company Y if I can continue with my present employer until I choose to switch to the new employer Y. They said I can work with the present employer for some time but has to join them at the earliest.

I continued working with my my present employer until 25th April'11 and I brought the change in status to H1B and my present Employer X consulted their attorney and said that I am no longer their employee and my name is to be deleted from the Payroll and I have to move to the new employer with immediate effect.

Alternatively if I choose to continue with present employer X then I need to go back to India and reenter US as my L1B is valid until 11th Sep'2011.

I came back to India 3 days ago and I want to know if I can take the immediate flight to US on the current L1B (valid until 11th Sep'2011) and that will I face any problem at US immigration when reach US.

Please address this as I have to report to the client within 5 days.

Thanks

Venkata Chamarthi

Archived