H1B stamping on 11/26 - Please help

paul82

Hi ,

I am a full time employee , working in the engineering(IT) division for a medium size US company (healthcare sector). I have been working with this employer for over an year now . I am going to India and will be going for H1B stamping . I need some help with the following questions which arise after going through the visa interview experience of others 

1. If asked , should I state that I am working on an in house project ? I develop software which the company uses for its day to day operations .

2. What all project specific documents should I carry ? In my case I don't have a client letter as there are no clients. Are there any substitutes?

3. Is there any other specific document relating to my employment which I should carry?

Thanks in advance

Paul

Hope this helps ..

1. If asked , should I state that I am working on an in house project ? I develop software which the company uses for its day to day operations .

2. What all project specific documents should I carry ? In my case I don't have a client letter as there are no clients. Are there any substitutes?

3. Is there any other specific document relating to my employment which I should carry?

Hope this Helps

No, you don't have to say in house Project. You are full time employee, not working for any clients. so what you are working on this your Project.

Your Project documents, plans for delivery, future delivery plans. Team structure.

Your Offer Letter, ID Cards, Pay Stubs any revised salary docs ...

As you are a Full time employee directly to the client..there shouldn't be any issues.

1. Just tell  the truth....

2. A brief into of the Tool you guys have developed..kind of a help file which you guys give it to the users from a business stand point.

3. Just carry a letter subjected to USCIS...offer letter and USCIS letter both are different formats.

Hi Paul,

Just say whatever roles and responsibilities you're doing in current company and about in house project. Also have proper documentation about your in house project and what your company does related to developing software and it daily usage. It should be mentioning your daily tasks or whom to do you report to daily or weekly, have couple weekly status report, singed or approved time sheets with your manager.

Even though you get 221g they will contact your company and as long as they respond/support you in time when they contact... you should be fine.

All the best

Thanks

Sri

Thanks everyone for the quick response. I really appreciate it.

Then can you guys me more specific about the project documents mentioned; like some sample/example ? Coz in our case we get the requirements either as a document or as a ticket and then we go ahead and implement it( we manage all the technical aspect within the team) . We only have around 15 employees in the engineering(IT) division; in a company with 150+ employees. We do not follow much processes or documentation as compared to larger organizations and our end users(doctors, nurses etc) are mostly flexible.

Archived