RFE on I-485 (Employment Proof)

satishsv

Hello Everybody,

Below is the transcript of the RFE that I received on my I-485.

**************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

"According to our records ABC Corp. filed an I-140, Immigrant Petition for Alien Worker on your behalf on January 01, 2010 offering you a position as a Software Engineer earning $12345 a year. On January 01, 2012 the petition was approved. According to ETA Form 9089 your primary worksite is 123 Main Street, New York, NY. Our records show that you currently reside at 456 Broad Street, Los Angeles, CA.

Pusuant to AC21 106©, the approval of a Form I-140 employment-based (EB) immigrant petition shall remain valid when an alien changes jobs or employers, if:

A Form I-485, Application to Adjust Status, on the basis of the EB immigrant petition has been filed and remained un-adjudicated for 180 days or more; and

The new job is in the same or similar occupational classification as the job for which the petition was filed.

Submit a letter of employment attesting to your offer of proposed employment. This letter should be written on the company's official letterhead and cite the date you will begin working, whether the position is permanent and full-time, a description of the position, a description of the position that you currently hold for the company (if any), and the offered salary.

You must submit the requested information within eighty-four (84) days from the date of this letter (87 days if this notice was received by mail). Failure to do so may result in the denial of your application.

Please note the required deadline for providing a response to this Request for Evidence. The deadline reflects the maximum period for responding to this RFE. However, since many immigration benefits are time sensitive, you are encouraged to respond to this request as early as possible but no later than the date provided on the request."

**************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

I have not changed employers for the last 7 years (from the day that my labour was filed, I was with the same company). But, I did move from one address to another few months back (may be that is the reason for getting this RFE).

I have few questions.

1) Is this a common RFE and how do I respond to this?

2) I have a family emergency because of which I have to go to India. Can I submit my response to this RFE after going to India? Would there be any issues because I have responded for this RFE from India?

3) Can my employer or lawyer respond to this RFE on my behalf?

Thanking you in Advance.

On January 01, 2012 the petition was approved. According to ETA Form 9089 your primary worksite is 123 Main Street, New York, NY. Our records show that you currently reside at 456 Broad Street, Los Angeles, CA.

1) Is this a common RFE and how do I respond to this?

did u read the RFE at all?  what is ur explanation for the above RFE statement...u live in LA and work in NY?? for the last seven years?

if can't interpret that simple language, better get a lawyer..

Archived