Changing status from h4 to h1 based on an already approved petition

katy813

Hi,

I have an h1b petition which was approved in July 2013 (not yet stamped). I  have a stamped h4 visa. I am  currently in India. Would really appreciate if someone could help me with the following questions.

1. Given that i already have an approved petition ,can i travel to the US on the stamped h4 visa ?

2. If yes,what would be the process to change my status from h4 to h1 based on an approved petition ,and start working while in the US?

Thanks

Hi,

I have an h1b petition which was approved in July 2013 (not yet stamped). I  have a stamped h4 visa. I am  currently in India. Would really appreciate if someone could help me with the following questions.

1. Given that i already have an approved petition ,can i travel to the US on the stamped h4 visa ?

2. If yes,what would be the process to change my status from h4 to h1 based on an approved petition ,and start working while in the US?

Thanks

1. Yes.

2. Employer applies for a COS from H4 to H1B and pay all H1B fees or you exit and enter US on H1B visa. Regular processing for COS 3 to 4 months or by premium processing 15 calendar days.

Archived