COS - Still in Initial Review After 5 months

dsandhu

My Wife is on H4. She applied for COS in June 2013. Online it still says initial review.
She called the USCIS and they said they are currently processing applications from April 2013.
We were not aware that COS has some backlog as such.
Anybody having such experience; Pls share.
Our understanding was it take 4-6 months to get COS done.
Pls suggest what shall we do. She is thinking of flying back to India to get the Visa stamp as we want
The F1 status before she starts her 3rd semester in Jan

My Wife is on H4. She applied for COS in June 2013. Online it still says initial review.

She called the USCIS and they said they are currently processing applications from April 2013.

Pls suggest what shall we do. She is thinking of flying back to India to get the Visa stamp as we want

Yes, indeed there is a huge backlog. If she does not get a COS approved by mid December she can exit and enter with a F1 visa.

Hi

Applied for my wife COS in first of week of July 2013 @ VSC , case status is still intial review. pls keep this thread posted if you get any updates on your wife COS. Thanks 

Hello,

I got same experience like you guys..I applied COS for my wife in july 20th for CA service centre , now it still shows intial review, when called to uscis they said that  they put a service request for fast process and given one requestID and for that still I need to wait 15 to 30 days..I am still waiting..

Thanks.

Hello,

I got same experience like you guys..I applied COS for my wife in july 20th for CA service centre , now it still shows intial review, when called to uscis they said that  they put a service request for fast process and given one requestID and for that still I need to wait 15 to 30 days..I am still waiting..

Thanks.

I have applied for COS from H1B to H4 with receipt notice dated 19th July 2013 at California Service Center. My application was picked for adjudication on 30th October 2013. Created a e-request yesterday and waiting.

Applied for COS in CSC in May 2013 and the status is still "Initial Review".

Filed an eRequest and the reply was to wait for 180 days.

cosf2tof1, how do we create a "service request for fast process". My understanding is that there is no premium processing for F1.

Any suggestion on this will be very helpful.

Thanks

Sara

I believe it is an e-request not a fast process request.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived