S P Report for USA Born child

mygcpcs1

Hi,

My child is 4 years old, i am on h1b visa, my wife is on h4 and my child is born in USA. We are living in USA Last 7 years, my child stayed in india for 2 years (from his 3rd month to his 2nd year), so we had to report his stay to local SP. Now, we are here in india for 2 months vacation, i heard that if usa citizen stays more than 6 months then we should report it to S P.

Question is, should i report to SP now ?

Thank you

He is born in USA, and for india travel is holds PIO Card. 

"Typically children under 16 are exempt from reporting" ? is this new law ?

because i have seen couple of guys reporting for their child under 3 years

In the event of continuous stay in India of the PIO Card holder exceeding 180 days, he/she shall have to get himself/herself registered within 30 days of the expiry of 180 days with the concerned Foreigners Regional Registration Officer / Foreigners Registration Officer. I hope you did this.

He is born in USA, and for india travel is holds PIO Card. 

"Typically children under 16 are exempt from reporting" ? is this new law ?

because i have seen couple of guys reporting for their child under 3 years

It is old law .... here is it --  http://boi.gov.in/content/benefits-available-pio-card-holders

"In the event of continuous stay in India of the PIO card holder exceeding 180 days, he/she shall have to get himself/herself registered within 30 days of the expiry of 180 days with the concerned Foreigners Regional Registration Officer/Foreigners Registration Officer. For minor no registration is required on any type of visa."

It is old law .... here is it --  http://boi.gov.in/content/benefits-available-pio-card-holders

"In the event of continuous stay in India of the PIO card holder exceeding 180 days, he/she shall have to get himself/herself registered within 30 days of the expiry of 180 days with the concerned Foreigners Regional Registration Officer/Foreigners Registration Officer. For minor no registration is required on any type of visa."

Thanks Chakrakr! Last time the immigration official in India advised me that registration was not necessary for minors. (Since I was only visiting for 3 months, I did not pursue it further). Glad to  know the relevant law.

Archived