F1 Visa stamping from India with an already approved F1 status from USCIS

julieanto2013

I was on H4 status from 2009 till Jan 2013. I changed my status from H4 to F1 during early this year. I will be graduating in may 2014. This December i am going for a vacation to India. I understand that i will need to apply for F1 as i do not have it stamped on my passport. My questions are:

#1. Since i am left with only one course for spring, should the financial documents that i show for the interview, must have the full amount (total course fee) mentioned on my I-20 or is it ok to show the rest of the amount that i need to pay. (because i have already paid 80% of my fees)

#2. What do you think is the best answer if the interviewer asks the reason for my change of visa status?

Please help!!

Thanks!!!

I was on H4 status from 2009 till Jan 2013. I changed my status from H4 to F1 during early this year. I will be graduating in may 2014. This December i am going for a vacation to India. I understand that i will need to apply for F1 as i do not have it stamped on my passport. My questions are:

#1. Since i am left with only one course for spring, should the financial documents that i show for the interview, must have the full amount (total course fee) mentioned on my I-20 or is it ok to show the rest of the amount that i need to pay. (because i have already paid 80% of my fees)

#2. What do you think is the best answer if the interviewer asks the reason for my change of visa status?

Please help!!

Thanks!!!

1. Enough funding to cover rest of the course.

2. For whatever reason/s you changed your status.

Archived