OPT Extension RFE Urgent

bharathrishi

My Post Completion OPT start date is Sept 09/2012 as I completed my thesis late, graduated in December 2012. Joined X employer in Jan 2013 till April did not work in that period. Joined Y employer in May have proper pay stubs since May 2013. Applied for OPT Extension recently and got RFE stating that "what did you do since Sept 09/2012 to May 8/2013". What do you want me to reply USCIS can anyone suggest me in this. I have very less time for responding. Please help me Thanks

I was getting trained in an E-verified company for that period. Later got a project and started working from May. How are the chances that if I tell the same to USCIS. I'm thinking to contact my first employer and get a employment letter stating that I was being employed as a intern which is unpaid for that period of time.

I was getting trained in an E-verified company for that period. Later got a project and started working from May. How are the chances that if I tell the same to USCIS. I'm thinking to contact my first employer and get a employment letter stating that I was being employed as a intern which is unpaid for that period of time.

Of course you need the employment letter from your previous employer.

People are studying and working its completely legal. I have seen many.

Two points ... Just because you have seen many people studying and working on CPT does not make it always and completely legal.  Curriculum Practical Training (CPT) employment authorization is legal when it complies fully with the letter and intent of the law, i.e. it is a stated, explicit, integral part of an established course.  Too often for-profit so-called universities / colleges (aka. diploma / visa mills) have abused CPT and been guilty of immigration fraud.  One of the indications of such abuse is offering "CPT from day one".  People who attend university / college for the purpose of getting CPT employment authorization to work versus studying and earning a degree are at least abusing the intent of the law.

People are studying and working its completely legal. I have seen many

And they are now all in deep problems or will be soon.

No real university gives out CPT from day one.

CPT is ONLY for work as integral part of the curriculum.

What you are trying is abuse of CPT. That would kill your career in the US.

Do not try this if you want to have any future in the US.

Archived