Planning to visit India- doubtful about my L2 Extension

adityachitta

Hi Admin,

My wife is on an L1 visa and i joined her on a L2. I have an approved EAD (I-765) and I'm currently working as a Perm employee in a MNC. We got an extension until Jan 2015 (when my wife filed for an extension previously) on our I-94. Later, my employer filed for an L to H1-B conversion for me under 2013 quota. Unfortunately, the H1 was denied (reasons yet to be known). However, since my L2 and the EAD are valid until Jan 2015, my stay and employment in the US have no issues for now.

We are planning to visit India in a case of which we will also need to go for 'Visa (extension) Stamping'. However, I'm doubtful that my L2 may not be approved since my H1 was denied and L2 is supposed to be a dependent Visa (although it enables us to work on an approved EAD). Could you please let me know if there would be any challenges at the embassy during my visa extension back in India?

Please advice me.

Regards,

Addy

Hi Admin,

My wife is on an L1 visa and i joined her on a L2. I have an approved EAD (I-765) and I'm currently working as a Perm employee in a MNC. We got an extension until Jan 2015 (when my wife filed for an extension previously) on our I-94. Later, my employer filed for an L to H1-B conversion for me under 2013 quota. Unfortunately, the H1 was denied (reasons yet to be known). However, since my L2 and the EAD are valid until Jan 2015, my stay and employment in the US have no issues for now.

We are planning to visit India in a case of which we will also need to go for 'Visa (extension) Stamping'. However, I'm doubtful that my L2 may not be approved since my H1 was denied and L2 is supposed to be a dependent Visa (although it enables us to work on an approved EAD). Could you please let me know if there would be any challenges at the embassy during my visa extension back in India?

Please advice me.

Regards,

Addy

Absolutely no problem. You can get an L2 visa and with an EAD continue working.

Archived