f2 related query

vrishank

Got married recently in the march 2013,My wife went to study masters on agust 2013. I had a plan to do masters in 2014 august but due to some financial problems  its  going to take more time,recently i have come to know through my wife that i can go on f2 as a dependant , as she is all alone there, she is expecting me to come on f2  so that we can be together 

Now am planning to go on f2 with a hope that ican find a job and i am an employe working in a software company  past 3 years.

Want to know briefly about  f2 visa application procedure.what could be the best time for me to come there to get job soon 

Once after reaching there what is the procedure to convert  from f2 to h1 will there be any waiting time to convert from f2 to h1 , will there be any consultancies that change visa status.

Any suggestions will be very help full as i dont know any thing about f2 and convertion from f2 to h1.

Kindly help me  by giving your valuable suggestions.

Thanks in advance

Got married recently in the march 2013,My wife went to study masters on agust 2013. I had a plan to do masters in 2014 august but due to some financial problems  its  going to take more time,recently i have come to know through my wife that i can go on f2 as a dependant , as she is all alone there, she is expecting me to come on f2  so that we can be together 

Now am planning to go on f2 with a hope that ican find a job and i am an employe working in a software company  past 3 years.

Want to know briefly about  f2 visa application procedure.what could be the best time for me to come there to get job soon 

Once after reaching there what is the procedure to convert  from f2 to h1 will there be any waiting time to convert from f2 to h1 , will there be any consultancies that change visa status.

Any suggestions will be very help full as i dont know any thing about f2 and convertion from f2 to h1.

Kindly help me  by giving your valuable suggestions.

Thanks in advance

It has been answered in your previous post.

• 2 weeks later...

You can find the documents required for F2 visa in the below link:

I had my F2 stamping in March 2013 from Chennai consulate.Interview was very brief, i was asked my dependent I20,spouse I20, my husband's passport, marriage certificates and marriage photos.

Its better to carry documents to show that you have strong property values in India and you will plan to come back to India in the near future to take care of them.

You may also be asked questions like: What are you planning to do while you are staying in U.S and wont you plan to work in U.S. Your answer should be "No" because F2 visa cannot study and cannot work.

Check out for sample visa questions for F2.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

heyi hi Komalgargi,

i got recently married on 12th of dec 2013,my husband is on F1..he is doing his Phd..i got to go for F2

Can u please suggest me what all doucmentation is required..specially what  properties&  fundings  should be shown  in India & US..

wat were the questions asked...have u gone thru any cosultancy or done the processing by urself ?

very much tensed..plz help me out..

thnx in advance..

Archived