Domestic Violence (Protection from abuse) - Temporary order in place - H1B Stamping

raj_put

Hi,

I have been staying in USA from 2.5 years, my landlady filed a false case against me i.e. protection from abuse to get rid of my security deposit which I requested. As of now I have got the temporary order till Jan 2014. I have got the H1B approval notice till Sep 2016.

I am sure that the case will be dismissed in Jan month as I am an innocent in this case.

Question:

1) Should I go to India for stamping on my H1B visa before my hearing date that means before Jan 2014?

2) What should I do for my stamping and my future tenure in USA?

Looking forward for good suggestions from you about my case.

Thanks,

Rajasthani

you should not go to india before your case is dismissed and your have certified copies of everything. It requires very little suspicion from the visa officer to just say ok, we will get back to you after fbi back ground check and then you are stuck....I know people who had domestic violence cases dismissed and then they went with all certified court docs to show that the case was actually dismissed.

• 2 months later...

Hi,

As being innocent, my case got dismissed and now planning to go for H1 B stamping first time in feb 2014. 

Please let me know if there are still any problems on getting my stamping done.

I have all the Court related docs including dismissal doc.

Thanks,

Raj

Hi,

As being innocent, my case got dismissed and now planning to go for H1 B stamping first time in feb 2014. 

Please let me know if there are still any problems on getting my stamping done.

I have all the Court related docs including dismissal doc.

Thanks,

Raj

You should be fine. Carry all court related documents and answer truthfully.

Archived