EB2 or EB3? - only 7 months left in H1

Hello Experts,

I have the foll. qualifications:

3 year B.Sc Physics in India + 2 year M.Sc Physics in India.

Work Experience:

After M.SC, worked for 6 months in an IT training institute as a faculty. Then worked for 8 years in an IT company in India. the same company processed H1 and now i have 5.5 years in US.

I started from an entry level and gained progressive experience in the same company. I have 13.5 years exp in the same company.

Visa End Date: July 2014(only 7 months left) I am in my 6th year of H1.

Present Situation:

Now my company is filingfor GC. My company is stating 'senior level position' in its PERM application.(I dont know the educational qualifications the company will advertise for this positon). My company is citing my education 3+2 years as not equivalent to a single BS and hence states it as a risk when appied for EB2 and suggesting EB3. 

My questions are:

1. what is meant by single source Bachelor - is it, both ug and pg should be under the same university though colleges are differrent? why a master degree is not considered by attorney that USCIS will not consider as single source bacheor equivalent ?

2. After working this long, is it worth to proceed in EB3??

3. with very short time left, what are my chances of clearing the PERM process and going to the next level within July 2014? Are the perm processing times the same for EB2 or EB3??

4. If my perm gets cleared before July 2014,and 140 is applied, can i still stay and work here??

5. Also additional computer training certificates / professional certificates will help me qualify for EB2??

Please clarify asap. I have very short time left to decide.

Thanks in advance

vipranara

Hello Experts,

I have the foll. qualifications:

3 year B.Sc Physics in India + 2 year M.Sc Physics in India.

Work Experience:

After M.SC, worked for 6 months in an IT training institute as a faculty. Then worked for 8 years in an IT company in India. the same company processed H1 and now i have 5.5 years in US.

I started from an entry level and gained progressive experience in the same company. I have 13.5 years exp in the same company.

Visa End Date: July 2014(only 7 months left) I am in my 6th year of H1.

Present Situation:

Now my company is filingfor GC. My company is stating 'senior level position' in its PERM application.(I dont know the educational qualifications the company will advertise for this positon). My company is citing my education 3+2 years as not equivalent to a single BS and hence states it as a risk when appied for EB2 and suggesting EB3. 

My questions are:

1. what is meant by single source Bachelor - is it, both ug and pg should be under the same university though colleges are differrent? why a master degree is not considered by attorney that USCIS will not consider as single source bacheor equivalent ?

2. After working this long, is it worth to proceed in EB3??

3. with very short time left, what are my chances of clearing the PERM process and going to the next level within July 2014? Are the perm processing times the same for EB2 or EB3??

4. If my perm gets cleared before July 2014,and 140 is applied, can i still stay and work here??

5. Also additional computer training certificates / professional certificates will help me qualify for EB2??

Please clarify asap. I have very short time left to decide.

Thanks in advance
vipranara

2. It depends on what you want to do. Would you like to stay in US after H1B expiry or would like to leave US just because GC is filed in EB3 category?

3. Tough.

4. Yes, your H1 could be renewed beyond the allowed maximum of 6 years.

5. No

Archived