B2 visa - Help required

kumar2014

Hi 

I have few questions on B2 visa for my parents and inlaws.

1. Can i apply visa for my parents and in laws in short gap?

2. My father is a farmer and he doesnt have any tax papers etc. In this scenario, is it okay if we dont provide tax documents? How much amount in their bank account would be good to prove their ties to homeland in addition to property?

3. Do we need to drop documents few days before in Hyd consulate for visitor visa?

4. My FIL is govt retired and working as contractor in the same company.. should i mention as contractor as current job.

5. what is advisable period of stay to mention in the invitation letter and 160 form.

Thanks in advance

Hi 

I have few questions on B2 visa for my parents and inlaws.

2. My father is a farmer and he doesnt have any tax papers etc. In this scenario, is it okay if we dont provide tax documents? How much amount in their bank account would be good to prove their ties to homeland in addition to property?

3. Do we need to drop documents few days before in Hyd consulate for visitor visa?

4. My FIL is govt retired and working as contractor in the same company.. should i mention as contractor as current job.

5. what is advisable period of stay to mention in the invitation letter and 160 form.

Thanks in advance

1. Both your parents and in-laws are applying themselves and their application is no way connected to each other.

2. There is no specific amount and just having money in their account does not establish strong ties to home country. Money can be withdrawn being anywhere in the world.

3. No

4. Yes.

5. An approximate number of days they are intending to stay.

1. You can't apply visa for them. Their is no sponsorship for visiting visa

2.Their is no min balance for visiting visa. They have to show strong ties

3.No

4.Of course, yes

5. Their is no advisable period. Just mention what they are planning to do in US.

What would be a best approach in case of retired parents? They can not afford to travel on their own but their children can always take care of the expenses.. does it really matter who bears the expenses? Or is it only about having property/rental income/immediate family (Like siblings/other children) in India?  

What would be a best approach in case of retired parents? They can not afford to travel on their own but their children can always take care of the expenses.. does it really matter who bears the expenses? Or is it only about having property/rental income/immediate family (Like siblings/other children) in India?  

Expenses for the trip could be borne by children. But, they need to demonstrate strong ties to home country.

It's not the expenses, during the interview applicant has to convince vo that they will come back. For example, job or family dependents etc.

So basically Sending I-134 is not a negative thing ? For my parents here is what we intend to gather as documentation.. (my parents are retired). I know its about convincing the VO but still any other documentation that might help? 

1. I-134 (filled my me)

2. Invitation Letter from me

3. My Employment verification letter with my salary stated.

4. my paystubs

5. DS160 ( Filled by my parents with my name as expense bearer)

6. my parents tax returns from last 3 years which shows their income from rental properties and stock trading. 

7. Affidavit of financial assets of my parents prepared by a CA.

8. Affidavit by my parents assuring them of their return. 

9. Affidavit of social services clubs where my parents volunteer.

So basically Sending I-134 is not a negative thing ? For my parents here is what we intend to gather as documentation.. (my parents are retired). I know its about convincing the VO but still any other documentation that might help? 

1. I-134 (filled my me)

2. Invitation Letter from me

3. My Employment verification letter with my salary stated.

4. my paystubs

5. DS160 ( Filled by my parents with my name as expense bearer)

6. my parents tax returns from last 3 years which shows their income from rental properties and stock trading. 

7. Affidavit of financial assets of my parents prepared by a CA.

8. Affidavit by my parents assuring them of their return. 

9. Affidavit of social services clubs where my parents volunteer.

I believe the above documents are good. Ask your parents to be confident when they answer VO's questions. And, if required ask them to attend the interview in the language they are comfortable with. Good luck.

Archived