H1 documents for H4 application

sourabh2013

Hi,

I was on F1 OPT and my H1 got approved 3 weeks ago. My employer (a desi consultancy) sent me only the scanned copy of the I-797c approval notice so far (it clearly writes there: this is not visa). I need to apply H4 for my wife (in India currently) soon. Since I have not got any hard copy yet, my questions are:

1. What exact documents I should get from the employer (e.g. LCA, I-94, I-129, I-797a/b/c??)

2. What documents I need to send my wife for her H4?

3. Do I need to hire an attorney for H4 filing? What kind of cost I should expect if I need to hire an attorney?

Thanks.  

Hi,

I was on F1 OPT and my H1 got approved 3 weeks ago. My employer (a desi consultancy) sent me only the scanned copy of the I-797c approval notice so far (it clearly writes there: this is not visa). I need to apply H4 for my wife (in India currently) soon. Since I have not got any hard copy yet, my questions are:

1. What exact documents I should get from the employer (e.g. LCA, I-94, I-129, I-797a/b/c??)

2. What documents I need to send my wife for her H4?

3. Do I need to hire an attorney for H4 filing? What kind of cost I should expect if I need to hire an attorney?

Thanks.  

1. I797A

2. A copy of all your H1B documents (LCA, I129, I797) including latest pay stubs.

3. She has to fill DS160 online, book appointment for biometrics and visa interview. No need for an attorney.

Archived