COS from F1 to H4 on spouse H1- RECEIPT

nirdoshi81

Hi All,

i am currently on F1 which is expirig on Jan 6. My husbands H1 extension has been applied but due to all these shutdown and other politics USCIS is having unreasonable high delay. We have not got the approval notice yet. His h1- has been expired and now waiting for approval. i dont want to be out of status after Jan6 so was thinking of applying change of status from F1 to H4 based on his H1-B extension receipt number?

Can you please guide if this is possible Or should I get my husbands H1 on premium processing and get it approved ? Thanks for reading this and please reply back your opinion

Priyanka

Hi All,

i am currently on F1 which is expirig on Jan 6. My husbands H1 extension has been applied but due to all these shutdown and other politics USCIS is having unreasonable high delay. We have not got the approval notice yet. His h1- has been expired and now waiting for approval. i dont want to be out of status after Jan6 so was thinking of applying change of status from F1 to H4 based on his H1-B extension receipt number?

Can you please guide if this is possible Or should I get my husbands H1 on premium processing and get it approved ? Thanks for reading this and please reply back your opinion

Priyanka

Don't you have an option of OPT after you graduate? If the answer is NO then upgrade your H1B extension to PP.

Archived