Education Evaluation for MD with MBA (foreign university)

I have completed my MBBS degree from India post which I have also completed an MBA from India as well. The institution which awarded the MBA degree is a deemed university with powers to aware masters in business administration.

After my MBA - I have been working in the Healthcare - IT space as a healthcare domain consultant. I have 5 years of experience from my previous employer and 2.5 additional years from my current employer, in a similar profile.

To initiate the GC, my employer got an educational evaluation conducted - this evaluation equates my MBBS to an MD in the US as expected, but equates my MBA to a four year US BBA. Because of this situation, my employer is now offering to apply my GC in EB3. I was fairly surprised with the evaluation - as I obtained my MBA after completion of my MBBS - which is a bachelor level degree and the MBA itself is a master's degree. For my H1B evaluation - the MBA was evaluated as being an equivalent of US MBA.

Is there any remediation to the current situation? I would like to be considered under an EB2. 

Archived