Visitor visa for parents - will it be 10 year visa or only 6 months?

rahul58

Hi,

I’m currently on H1B and I’m planning to sponsor visitor visa (B2) for my parents.

Can they apply and get the visa stamped now itself even though they are not planning to travel in anytime soon, it would be probably be in June 2014.

I looked around other forums and could see generally the consulate issues 10 year visa and also have seen other cases wherein they will issue only for the 6 months duration.

My concern is if they go for stamping now, what if the officer issue visa only for 6 months as there is no plan to travel immediately.

Please advise. Many thanks in advance!

Hi,

I’m currently on H1B and I’m planning to sponsor visitor visa (B2) for my parents.

Can they apply and get the visa stamped now itself even though they are not planning to travel in anytime soon, it would be probably be in June 2014.

I looked around other forums and could see generally the consulate issues 10 year visa and also have seen other cases wherein they will issue only for the 6 months duration.

My concern is if they go for stamping now, what if the officer issue visa only for 6 months as there is no plan to travel immediately.

Please advise. Many thanks in advance!

There is no sponsorship for visitor visa. Normally visas are issued for 10 years but duration of I94 for a visit is maximum of 6 months.

• 1 month later...

Archived