I-765 (EAD) rejected due to late submission. Filed for MTR.

vishwa.raja

Hi ,

My I-765 was rejected due to late submission . This is not entirely correct . My current EAD expires on August 20th 2013 and I applied for an extension (STEM) on Aug 13th 2013 . My packet reached USCIS  on Aug 19th 2013 . Unfortunately the check included in the packet for $380 was dated "09/13/2012" instead of "09/13/2013" which is clearly a clerical error . My packet was sent back to me with the check . I immediately re-filed with another check with the proper dates and the packet was received on Sept 3rd . After a month i got rejected on October 4th 2013 saying that the application was filed after the deadline . 

I have now stopped working  (as i cant anymore )and have filed for a MTR .Its been a week since my check for the MTR got cashed and I'm waiting for some sort of updated . 

My lawyer says that the chances of it being approved are pretty high but I would like to know your opinions about the case getting accepted/rejected. Has anyone of you had or heard of  a similar situation ?Also, I know there are no processing time for MTR but how long would it take usually to get a decision ?

Thank you,

Hi ,

My I-765 was rejected due to late submission . This is not entirely correct . My current EAD expires on August 20th 2013 and I applied for an extension (STEM) on Aug 13th 2013 . My packet reached USCIS  on Aug 19th 2013 . Unfortunately the check included in the packet for $380 was dated "09/13/2012" instead of "09/13/2013" which is clearly a clerical error . My packet was sent back to me with the check . I immediately re-filed with another check with the proper dates and the packet was received on Sept 3rd . After a month i got rejected on October 4th 2013 saying that the application was filed after the deadline . 

I have now stopped working  (as i cant anymore )and have filed for a MTR .Its been a week since my check for the MTR got cashed and I'm waiting for some sort of updated . 

My lawyer says that the chances of it being approved are pretty high but I would like to know your opinions about the case getting accepted/rejected. Has anyone of you had or heard of  a similar situation ?Also, I know there are no processing time for MTR but how long would it take usually to get a decision ?

Thank you,

USCIS was correct. Your application was incomplete without a valid check. Date of receipt of your proper check to make the application complete would have been after Aug 20th 2013. 

Having said that, your MTR would be approved. Do not worry.

Archived