I-765 (EAD) rejected due to late submission. Filled for MTR.

vishwa.raja

Hi ,

My I-765 was rejected due to late submission . This is not entirely correct . My current EAD expires on August 20th 2013 and I applied for an extension (STEM) on Aug 13th 2013 . My packet reached USCIS  on Aug 19th 2013 . Unfortunately the check included in the packet for $380 was dated "09/13/2012" instead of "09/13/2013" which is clearly a clerical error . My packet was sent back to me with the check . I immediately re-filed with another check with the proper dates and the packet was received on Sept 3rd . After a month i got rejected on October 4th 2013 saying that the application was filed after the deadline . 

I have now stopped working  (as i cant anymore )and have filed for a MTR .Its been a week since my check for the MTR got cashed and I'm waiting for some sort of updated .

My lawyer says that the chances of it being approved are pretty high but I would like to know your opinions about the case getting accepted/rejected. Has anyone of you had or heard of  a similar situation ?Also, I know there are no processing time for MTR but how long would it take usually to get a decision ?

Thank you,

Archived