H1B approved but Pregnant

SNeni

Hello Everyone,

I am currently in the US, on H4 visa earlier and I got H1B visa approved in Oct 2013. So naturally, my status is now changed from H4 to H1B. I am pregnant and in the 8th month now. I cannot travel/relocate for work under my current condition. Under these conditions, I have a few questions:

1.I am new employee(New H1 emplyee from this year) so do i am eligible to take FMLA leave? (As per the state law i can take unpaid 12 weeks of leave but i am not sure if i am eligible for new employees).i am fine with unpaid but worried with the status.

2. I am worried if the employer is planning to cancel my H1B visa. Is there any way to check this ?(As my employer is fine to go on leave but not sure what will happen if it soo )

3.Is it better to change the status back to H4?

4.is it required to apply SSN now?

Please help me here.

Regards,

Neni

Hello Everyone,

I am currently in the US, on H4 visa earlier and I got H1B visa approved in Oct 2013. So naturally, my status is now changed from H4 to H1B. I am pregnant and in the 8th month now. I cannot travel/relocate for work under my current condition. Under these conditions, I have a few questions:

1.I am new employee(New H1 emplyee from this year) so do i am eligible to take FMLA leave? (As per the state law i can take unpaid 12 weeks of leave but i am not sure if i am eligible for new employees).i am fine with unpaid but worried with the status.

2. I am worried if the employer is planning to cancel my H1B visa. Is there any way to check this ?(As my employer is fine to go on leave but not sure what will happen if it soo )

3.Is it better to change the status back to H4?

4.is it required to apply SSN now?

Please help me here.

Regards,

Neni

Yes, you can apply for unpaid FMLA leave. But, you have to start working after 3 months. If you have no intention to begin work after FMLA leave then do apply for a COS to H4 after discussing with your employer.

Archived