Can a H1B stamping candidate continue to stay in Canada till the RFE is resolved (1month or so) since he has Canadian visitors visa for multiple entry

Faith

Does Canada or US embassy force the H1B stamping candidate to leave Canada and return to home country if at all there is an RFE?

I am confused bcz the candidate is still a valid canadian visitor's visa holder with a  3 to 6 month of valid stay in Canada, regardless of what happens at the US consulate.

Please help..

-Faith

Does Canada or US embassy force the H1B stamping candidate to leave Canada and return to home country if at all there is an RFE?

I am confused bcz the candidate is still a valid canadian visitor's visa holder with a  3 to 6 month of valid stay in Canada, regardless of what happens at the US consulate.

Please help..

-Faith

Yes, the candidate can stay as long as visitor visa to Canada is still valid.

Thanks Jairichi!

I wonder why people say that they are sent to India from Canada.

It is just that sometimes administrative processing takes a longer time say more than 1 month. In this case it is wise to get your passport from consulate and return to India to spend some valuable time with dear and near ones and also save money. Once H1B visa is approved you could travel to Canada with an unexpired Canadian visitor visa and then enter US after H1B stamping.

Archived