Applying for H4 when H1B transfer is in process

TJ12

Hello  !

I switched job from company A to company B in September. H1b from the employer A is valid till Sept 2015.

My H1b transfer is still in process.

(I have received the I797 receipt but not the approval notice -I94).

I want to book a slot for my wife's H4 visa in december. 

1.Does my H1b transfer need to be approved at the time when my wife goes for H4 interview?

2.The DS 160 asks for petitioner name, receipt number and start and end dates. Since my H1b transfer is not approved yet, I do not have the start and end dates yet. (But I have these on the my previous I797 form from employer A). Can I use these dates to complete the DS 160?

3.Any suggestions how this can be done or is premium processing the only way out?

Thanks ! 

Hello  !

I switched job from company A to company B in September. H1b from the employer A is valid till Sept 2015.

My H1b transfer is still in process.

(I have received the I797 receipt but not the approval notice -I94).

I want to book a slot for my wife's H4 visa in december. 

1.Does my H1b transfer need to be approved at the time when my wife goes for H4 interview?

2.The DS 160 asks for petitioner name, receipt number and start and end dates. Since my H1b transfer is not approved yet, I do not have the start and end dates yet. (But I have these on the my previous I797 form from employer A). Can I use these dates to complete the DS 160?

3.Any suggestions how this can be done or is premium processing the only way out?

Thanks ! 

1. Yes

2. Nope.

3. Premium processing is the only way.

Archived