H1b RFE for education evalution

smolugu

Hello ,

Please help..

I got an RFE for my H1 amendment..

Here are the things requested by USCIS..

(1) is a public or other nonprofit institution; and 

(2) is accredited by a nationally recognized accrediting agency or association, or if not so accredited, is an institution that has been granted preaccreditation status by such an agency or association that has been recognized by the Secretary for the granting of preaccreditation status, and the Secretary has determined that there is satisfactory assurance that the institution will meet the accreditation standards of such an agency or association within a reasonable time.

My School is accredited, but it is a private and profit institution..My attorney is the process to resolve the issue, but what are my chances of approval if it is a private and profit institution ?? I am flying to India Next week, and I am worried if this may effect my stamping... Please please suggest some one..

Thank you

Hello ,

Please help..

(2) is accredited by a nationally recognized accrediting agency or association, or if not so accredited, is an institution that has been granted preaccreditation status by such an agency or association that has been recognized by the Secretary for the granting of preaccreditation status, and the Secretary has determined that there is satisfactory assurance that the institution will meet the accreditation standards of such an agency or association within a reasonable time.

My School is accredited, but it is a private and profit institution..My attorney is the process to resolve the issue, but what are my chances of approval if it is a private and profit institution ?? I am flying to India Next week, and I am worried if this may effect my stamping... Please please suggest some one..

Thank you

If you have obtained your H1B based on Master's quota you are ineligible as only Master's degree from accredited, non-profit or public university is eligible. Mostly your H1B petition would be denied.

Your degree should be from public / non profit institute.

Are you going to india for visa stamping before approval??

Hello ,

Please help..

Thank you

Was your H1 in the Masters quota?

If so, it would be invalid, because for the Masters quota, the H1 has to be from an accredited, public or non-profit private university.

Degrees from for-profit institutions do not qualify for the H1 Masters quota. This is in the law.

Thank you all for the reply..

My H1 last year was filed based on my Masters..And now My H1 amendment was done on my masters too...My H1 was fine, with out any RFE.. Now for the amendment I got the RFE...

@rahul412 - yes I am flying to India next week..

Can I file a new H1 amendment now ?? not under my masters ? can I do that now !! Please suggest...

Thanks again..

Thank you all for the reply..

My H1 last year was filed based on my Masters..And now My H1 amendment was done on my masters too...My H1 was fine, with out any RFE.. Now for the amendment I got the RFE...

@rahul412 - yes I am flying to India next week..

Can I file a new H1 amendment now ?? not under my masters ? can I do that now !! Please suggest...

Thanks again..

You cannot file a new amendment petition now since you already filed a petition for that material change.

Only an attorney can help you now.

Archived