EAD Renewed only for 1 month. Options?

nishant1015

My husband is on L1-B - which expires Nov 14, along with his I94.

He has applied for L1-A Premium and Result expected in next 5-7 days.
I am working on L2 EAD and my I-94 is valid till Feb, 2015

My EAD expired on Oct 25.

I applied for EAD renewal, attaching a copy of his L1A petition. But still my EAD was renewed only for 3 weeks (10/26 to 11/14).

What should I do in this scenario?

1. Should I apply for an appeal to reconsider the case - considering that my husband's petition get approved by 11/14? Will it work?

2. Or should I just apply for another renewal when he gets his petition approved? How much time it might take for this back to back renewal?

Apprecaite your response, as I really don't want to lose my job on 11/15.

My husband is on L1-B - which expires Nov 14, along with his I94.

He has applied for L1-A Premium and Result expected in next 5-7 days.

I am working on L2 EAD and my I-94 is valid till Feb, 2015

My EAD expired on Oct 25.

I applied for EAD renewal, attaching a copy of his L1A petition. But still my EAD was renewed only for 3 weeks (10/26 to 11/14).

What should I do in this scenario?

1. Should I apply for an appeal to reconsider the case - considering that my husband's petition get approved by 11/14? Will it work?

2. Or should I just apply for another renewal when he gets his petition approved? How much time it might take for this back to back renewal?

Apprecaite your response, as I really don't want to lose my job on 11/15.

You got the three weeks based on your spouse's current I94. Once he gets L1A approval and I94 apply for renewal again. Your spouse should have requested his employer for filing his L1A petition a bit early to save you from this situation.

Thank you. for responding. We did apply in Aug but haven't received any decision from USCIS. So added premium processing early this week.

Would you know if an appeal can be made for a case like this... providing new I-94, as soon we receive it?

Even though your spouse applied in August it is normally understood that it takes about 2.5 months for approval by regular processing. And, renewal of EAD has to be applied 2 to 3 months in advance to prevent any break in employment as per USCIS website. You should have anticipated this processing delay and should have asked your spouse to apply early for extension or filed initially in premium processing. I do not think you have any valid reason to make an appeal. But, do talk to an attorney. 

Archived