I140 converted to Premium processing at REF response

sac74

My company responded REF on regular I-140 on 19-Jul and converted to PP. USCIS site was showing documents received on 7/22. Last week it started showing status of Acceptance with date of 6-Aug. USCIS told my company that converting (checking application/check encash etc.) took this time (of 16+days) and PP will start from 5-Aug.

My 6th year H1 is expiring on 8/22/11 and I really wanted to file for 3 year with I-140 approved. My questions are

1) Is this possible scenario that USCIS takes 15+ days for converting to PP

2) if my H1 is expiring on 8-22 what could be the last day USCIS receive H1- extension. (8/21 is Sunday) . (I was out of country for about month for 6 year . )

Thanks in advance.

Thanks gcprocesswaiting for response. Appreciated.

However I am under impression that the Fedex delivered date at USCIS should be sufficient to have valid status and you don't need to have received receipt which may take additional week or so. Is this changed?

Thanks,

Sachin

Sac,

As others said - you need not wait for anything. H1 extension is very important and secure for you than anything else. Act fast and extend your H1B immediately if haven't heard anything from USCIS yet. After all, you are going to get only 1 year extension than losing something bigger later. You can always apply for 3 years extension after your I-140 approval during next year if you can't file final stage I-485 prior to that. If your priority date is current, your GC should be in your hand by another 6 months so you need not apply for 3 years extension later. Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Raj

Archived