EAD/AP

basetty1

I am looking for some legal advise on my current immigration status. Please advise me on this.

A brief History on my current Green Card Status:

My pervious company processed my green card application under EB-2 category (India) with Priority date of October 2008. They filled my I-485 application along with EAD & AP in the year of 2012. This year I renewed EAD and AP for another 2 years and it will expire on June 2015. I quit my pervious job in July and left the Country on August 8th, 2013 to work in Abu Dhabi. now, I am thinking to come back to USA on EAD/AP and look for jobs.

My concerns are:

1. Will it be advisable to come back to USA, if I am on I-485 pending (AOS) with EAD & AP and don’t have job while re-entering US on EAD & AP.

2. If I need a job to enter the country, does the job need to be in the same field?  

3. What kind of precautions I need to take while re-entering the US.

Thanks,
Sridhar Basetty

I am looking for some legal advise on my current immigration status. Please advise me on this.

I quit my pervious job in July and left the Country on August 8th, 2013 to work in Abu Dhabi. now, I am thinking to come back to USA on EAD/AP and look for jobs.

just couple of months to figure out grass is not greener on that side, literally in this case? ;) pun intended..

u sure ur case is not approved or denied for no response on RFEs etc?

except if it was denied, you should be fine to reenter..

ps: this is free forum..for legal advice, call murthy forum..

Archived