Tax payment after H4 to H1 approval

ankuankit

Hi,

My wife is in US from Feb 2013 on H4 and one of the consulting company has filed her H1 which got approved on Oct 10 2013.

She is giving interviews and is not able to get any job till date. The questions that I have are:

1) Till what time she can remain unemployed(i.e. no payslips)?

2) Is there any taxes that the company has to pay to government in case if she is unable to get job for couple of more months?

Hi,

My wife is in US from Feb 2013 on H4 and one of the consulting company has filed her H1 which got approved on Oct 10 2013.

She is giving interviews and is not able to get any job till date. The questions that I have are:

2) Is there any taxes that the company has to pay to government in case if she is unable to get job for couple of more months?

!. Zero days. She should be working from Oct 10th and needs to be paid. If not file a complaint against employer with DOL.

Hi,

She HAS a job, with the consulting company.

She needs to get paid, even if she doesn't have a project yet. That's the LAW!

If the employer doesn't want to pay her, she needs to file a complaint with DOL on form WH4. The DOL will make the employer pay her.

And she should look for a better employer. The current one is obviously shady.

1. Zero days. Currently she is employed but on bench.

2. Again, she has a job. And on H1 she needs to get paid every month even when she is on bench.

Archived