Visitors visa for in-laws

ppsmiles

Hi,

I am planning to bring my in-laws to US. I am on a H1B visa and my wife is on H4. My H1B visa is expiring in August 2014 but I can still apply for extension for another 3 years. Please let me know the chances for my in-laws visa rejection because I have H1B only till August 2014?

Thanks

Hi,

I am planning to bring my in-laws to US. I am on a H1B visa and my wife is on H4. My H1B visa is expiring in August 2014 but I can still apply for extension for another 3 years. Please let me know the chances for my in-laws visa rejection because I have H1B only till August 2014?

Thanks

Your H1B visa has nothing to do with visitor visa for your in-laws. They need to apply with their own documents and be able to convince VO that they have strong ties back in their home country and not potential immigrants.

In general, the B2 visa applicants may be required to evidence the relative / friend in the U.S. continues to maintain a valid and legal immigration status. If their immigration status is expiring soon, then it may better to apply after the extension is approved or with documents to evidence that an extension would be filed promptly. At the outset, all B2 visa applicants are presumed to be potential immigrants under Sec 214(b) of Immigration and Nationality Act and the applicants need to demonstrate strong family, financial and social ties to India to overcome this presumption. If you need assistance with your in-law's B2 visa application, please feel free to consult with one of the Attorneys at Murthy Immigration Services Private Limited in Chennai, India. More information is available on https://www.murthyindia.com/.

Archived