H1B: out of status for 2 months

007smile

Hi All,

I left my previous employer on 20 August 2013 and had a difficult time in searching for new job, and finally on 21st OCT 2013 I got an offer. My new employer is going to file H1B transfer (PP).

1. I am out of status for 62 days. So my questions is that do I have a chance that USCIS will accept my application and allow H1b to transfer to new employer ?

2. Can you give me any suggestions as to how I should respond to this situation, multiple h1b transfers?

I have a master degree, and 5-6 years of job experience.

Thanks

Hi All,

I left my previous employer on 20 August 2013 and had a difficult time in searching for new job, and finally on 21st OCT 2013 I got an offer. My new employer is going to file H1B transfer (PP).

1. I am out of status for 62 days. So my questions is that do I have a chance that USCIS will accept my application and allow H1b to transfer to new employer ?

2. Can you give me any suggestions as to how I should respond to this situation, multiple h1b transfers?

I have a master degree, and 5-6 years of job experience.

Thanks

1. No. Mostly you would be denied COS and you have to exit and enter US on new H1B visa

2. You have only one offer. Where this multiple H1B transfers come from?

not to give you high hopes, but one of my friend got an approval without having paychecks for three months.

Ask your attorney how he plans to write your cover letter which is very important (If attorney requests CP, then mostly you will have to exit and enter US with new I94 assuming you have a valid visa)

Be prepared for worst case scenario i.e, you will exit US to some non neighbouring countries and can return same day or couple of days after and join in your new job..

1. Your petition might be approved without I94

2. Do you have another offer in hand now??

Archived