I-94 different issue.

Renquiry

Hi 

i went to canada for my visa stamping, while leaving the country i gave two I-94's to Airlines,

1 is old one, other is which is tear off from I-797. 

at POE came by land, the office took my I-797 and tear off the left portion of my I-94 ( Which was actually for our personal records "Detach This half for Personal Records").

and stapled in my passport and told this u can consider as your I-94.  And he made a seal on my passport page Admitted and class

visa end date until my petition date. 

But i didn't understand, why did he stapled that and told me like that, 

what he would have done if i would have not provided that one to him. ( I didn't teared it because just couple of hours back i got him from embassy

and they stapled entire I-797 to my passport)

it's been just two working days over, i am trying to retrieve through online. Not Found.

So that means while leaving the country once again i have to provide this slip at Airlines or i can remove from my passport.?

can anybody suggest ?

Hi..

I am no expert, but I've travelled to Canada via land many times, sometimes the officers do things differently.

Anyway, you will have a digital I-94 with the new rules, I would recommend waiting for a couple more days. Also, that online I-94 retrieval system has errors. Sometimes, last names get mixed up as first names, so try alternating them and see if you can get you I-94. Also, when you leave you dont have to give anything to airline anymore. It's all automated anyway.

If you don't mind, I have another question for you, You seem to have had the PIMS issue when in Toronto too. I'm currently waiting in Toronto for my visa too. Can you please tell when your interview was and when you got the visa in your hand ? This information will really help. Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Archived