J1 waiver pending for 4 months

gargabhi

Hi,

I have applied for J1 two year home residency waiver based on No-objection from India. DOS approved my waiver on June 15th and I received a notification from USCIS on June 24th 2013 that they received my waiver application. Since then my application is Under Review at USCIS. It has been almost 4 months, so I called the USCIS today to ask for more information and the customer representative told me that Vermont Center does not list the processing time for I612 (J1 waiver application form). I was wondering if anyone here had such a length delay in receiving a waiver from USCIS after DOS approval.

Hi,

I have applied for J1 two year home residency waiver based on No-objection from India. DOS approved my waiver on June 15th and I received a notification from USCIS on June 24th 2013 that they received my waiver application. Since then my application is Under Review at USCIS. It has been almost 4 months, so I called the USCIS today to ask for more information and the customer representative told me that Vermont Center does not list the processing time for I612 (J1 waiver application form). I was wondering if anyone here had such a length delay in receiving a waiver from USCIS after DOS approval.

Wow, it is indeed a very long wait for you. I got my decision in a week after favorable decision from DOS. Did you change your address? If not, there is no other option for you other than to wait.

I had changed my address while my waiver application was still under examination at DOS, and I received the DOS approval on my updated address. So, I think it should be fine on that front. It is annoying as USCIS customer representative said they cannot issue a request for information to Vermont center for reason of delay, as Vermont Center has not listed processing times for I612. Customer representative was literally saying that I have no choice but to keep waiting and it could be up to 1 year. I know most of the people got their final waiver within few weeks of DOS approval. 

I had changed my address while my waiver application was still under examination at DOS, and I received the DOS approval on my updated address. So, I think it should be fine on that front. It is annoying as USCIS customer representative said they cannot issue a request for information to Vermont center for reason of delay, as Vermont Center has not listed processing times for I612. Customer representative was literally saying that I have no choice but to keep waiting and it could be up to 1 year. I know most of the people got their final waiver within few weeks of DOS approval. 

You should be fine as you received DOS mail to your updated address. But, I do not know how to help you other than asking you to wait

• 1 year later...

Archived