F2 visa application for spouse

plasma

I'm currently on F1 visa in USA, doing my master's degree. I'm currently in my final sem of study and will graduate in December 2013. I got married in September 2013 back in India. Now I want to apply for a F2 visa for my wife. I will start to work here from Jan 2014 and hence would be on OPT. 

Would you suggest that my wife applies for F2 visa now? I have just 2 more months before I graduate. Are there chances of it getting rejected since the duration of stay would be so short? Or is it better to wait till my OPT starts and apply later (in Jan-feb 2014)? I have heard that the rejection chances are high if the F1 visa holder is on OPT.

I'm currently on F1 visa in USA, doing my master's degree. I'm currently in my final sem of study and will graduate in December 2013. I got married in September 2013 back in India. Now I want to apply for a F2 visa for my wife. I will start to work here from Jan 2014 and hence would be on OPT. 

Would you suggest that my wife applies for F2 visa now? I have just 2 more months before I graduate. Are there chances of it getting rejected since the duration of stay would be so short? Or is it better to wait till my OPT starts and apply later (in Jan-feb 2014)? I have heard that the rejection chances are high if the F1 visa holder is on OPT.

I would suggest to wait till OPT starts. Wait for other members opinion.

Archived