H1B Transfer - Email Approval

Mandart

Hi,

I have applied for H1B transfer in premium processing from company A to company B. I received email approval for the same, not sure whether it is I-797 A or I-797 B.

Can I start working for company B with just the email approval? If I do so, and later receive I-797B (without I 94), will it pose any proiblem?

Thanks In Advance

Hi,

I have applied for H1B transfer in premium processing from company A to company B. I received email approval for the same, not sure whether it is I-797 A or I-797 B.

Can I start working for company B with just the email approval? If I do so, and later receive I-797B (without I 94), will it pose any proiblem?

Thanks In Advance

One can start working based on receipt notice though it would be wise to join after approval. In your case you can start working and if it is I797B you need to exit and enter US on a H1B visa.

I know one can start working as soon lawyer/employer sent the petition for "change of employer" to USCIS i.e. with fedex/ups shipment receipt. hope this helps.

This is not a right advice, this is for others too, do no quit/shift job just on fedex receipt, even on USCIS receipt.

What if transfer gets rejected ?

Hi,

Thanks In Advance

Email approval? is I797 attached in that email? generally in case of pp, lawyer gets soft copy (PDF) of approval, if you have that then you are good. That PDF will have i94 too.

Dont leave job anything less than 797.

Hi,

Thanks In Advance

Can't you wait till your H1 is approved??

What will you do if its rejected??

Can't you wait till your H1 is approved??

What will you do if its rejected??

@Rahul412: Looks like OP got approval notification by email. Probably wants to check if he can start working for new employer based on that rather than waiting for hard copy of I797 from USCIS. This is my interpretation of his case.

Archived