Query on Masters Degree for H1B stamping

Abdul Wajeed

Hi Guys , 

I have completed my Masters in 2009 in Electrical Engineering from University A then was worked on OPT for 27 months , applied for h1b last year got rejected then to be in Status Joined another University B  for masters in cloud computing  , in First semesters only University B  had problems so was about to close , Then to be in staus joined university C and maintained good status and Applied H1B this Year and got approved and discontinued studies. 

I am planning to attend interview this year in canada . Please help me what Should i tell when VO asks about my education.  

1. Should i Mention name of my Current University .

2. Mention education Journey from University A to University C 

3. Mention University I graduated from .

Thank You in Advance 

Hi Guys , 

I have completed my Masters in 2009 in Electrical Engineering from University A then was worked on OPT for 27 months , applied for h1b last year got rejected then to be in Status Joined another University B  for masters in cloud computing  , in First semesters only University B  had problems so was about to close , Then to be in staus joined university C and maintained good status and Applied H1B this Year and got approved and discontinued studies. 

I am planning to attend interview this year in canada . Please help me what Should i tell when VO asks about my education.  

1. Should i Mention name of my Current University .

2. Mention education Journey from University A to University C 

3. Mention University I graduated from .

Thank You in Advance 

If VO asks you have to tell everything and not hide facts.

Mention everything from the beginning.

BTW, why didn't you graduated from 'C'??

Thank You All for you response .

I did not graduate from University C because i have to attend 2 more semesters to compleate my graduation. And My intention Behind Joining University C was soley for maintaining my staus . Now I have H1B approved .

You need to mention ALL of them, of course.

They have all the paperwork anyway, so they know that you went to B. A lie would end up in a lifelong ban.

Care to tell us the name of B? Does it start with U and end with A, and was located in Virginia? In other words, was B an unaccredited diploma mill?

Not that many institutions close, and most of them get shut down by the government...

I did not graduate from University C because i have to attend 2 more semesters to compleate my graduation. And My intention Behind Joining University C was soley for maintaining my staus . Now I have H1B approved .

That is understood. Be ready when VO officer asks you the same question.

People join school to learn something not to stay in status. What you did is nothing but abuse of F1 program by simply joining some school to stay in US instead of getting a degree.

You need to mention ALL of them, of course.

They have all the paperwork anyway, so they know that you went to B. A lie would end up in a lifelong ban.

Care to tell us the name of B? Does it start with U and end with A, and was located in Virginia? In other words, was B an unaccredited diploma mill?

Not that many institutions close, and most of them get shut down by the government...

Thanks You for response . University B starts With H and Located in NCAL . It is still running , but an Unaccredieted school . When USCIS issued a warning i transffered to UNIV C to be on safe side .

Archived