Stamping outside India

gsaxena1

I am on H1B visa and soon be getting an extension. Few years ago, i heard that USCIS have stopped stamping visa outside India, but following posts in this thread I see that a lot of people have got it done from Canada. Have they reopened the visa stamping process from outside india again? How soon do they return the visa post stamping?

I am on H1B visa and soon be getting an extension. Few years ago, i heard that USCIS have stopped stamping visa outside India, but following posts in this thread I see that a lot of people have got it done from Canada. Have they reopened the visa stamping process from outside india again? How soon do they return the visa post stamping?

USCIS does not issue a visa. It is US consulate. People have been to Mexico, Canada, Jamaica to get visa stamped. Depends on each case. If you get your visa stamped you can return the same day.

Almost all the US consulates provides H1 visa services. Some may not do that.

Archived