H1B transfer from india itself

rapnagaraju

Note : In my previous thread I could not clearly metion the info.

In this thread question,I am giving full info.

Hi All,

My Status : I already have a h1 visa with company X stamped.I am still in india.I have not yet travelled on Company X visa even once.That means I have not yet worked at onsite(US) for company X.

Can some other company y(like congnizant or desi consulting company) do H1 transfer when I am in india?

If it(Y company) does the transfer,Can I go to US on Company X visa after I got the H1 transfer papers from company Y?

(or) Do I still need to attend the visa interview for company Y although I have visa for company X valid till 2015.

Note: My visa(on company X) is valid till 2015.

I heard  from lot of guys,If I want to work for company Y I need to just have the H1B transfer.

I can go to US on company X Visa and work for company Y.

I don't need to attend the visa interview for company Y because my company X visa is still valid to enter into US.

If evrything is ok,I will  resign from company X in india after I got the H1 transfer papers from company Y and I want to travel to US.

Can anybody clarify about this?

I need this clarification urgently.

Note : In my previous thread I could not clearly metion the info.

In this thread question,I am giving full info.

Hi All,

My Status : I already have a h1 visa with company X stamped.I am still in india.I have not yet travelled on Company X visa even once.That means I have not yet worked at onsite(US) for company X.

Can some other company y(like congnizant or desi consulting company) do H1 transfer when I am in india?

If it(Y company) does the transfer,Can I go to US on Company X visa after I got the H1 transfer papers from company Y?

(or) Do I still need to attend the visa interview for company Y although I have visa for company X valid till 2015.

Note: My visa(on company X) is valid till 2015.

I heard  from lot of guys,If I want to work for company Y I need to just have the H1B transfer.

I can go to US on company X Visa and work for company Y.

I don't need to attend the visa interview for company Y because my company X visa is still valid to enter into US.

If evrything is ok,I will  resign from company X in india after I got the H1 transfer papers from company Y and I want to travel to US.

Can anybody clarify about this?

I need this clarification urgently.

You can use the same unexpired H1B visa. To travel you need employer Y to file a cap exempt H1B petition and approval notice (I797) from company Y.

Archived