First time H1b Stamping in Hyderabad

AshokPP

Hey Guys:

I'm planning to visit India this December and want to get my first H1b stamping. My F-1 expired in May 2011, graduated in May 2012 (I-20 valid until May 2012), I was on OPT until May 2013, and my current I-797 (for H1b) is valid until May 2104. If I attend visa interview in the first week of Dec, I will be left with 5 months validity on I-797. Do you think there will be any issues in getting H1b stamped with less than 6 months I-797 validity?

Thank you for your time and help!

Ashok

Generally, the H1-B visa(s) are approved for the validity of petition even if it is for short duration. The applicants are expected to evidence the qualified position offered on H1-B petition is still available with the Petitioner and s/he is qualified for the position. Apart from this, if the petitioner is a consulting firm the applicant is also expected to evidence the employer-employee relationship and employer’s right to control for a successful visa interview. Though the consular officer seldom look for the documents carried by applicants, it is always better to carry the relevant supportive documents to the visa interview. If you need any assistance in your H1B visa application, please feel free to consult with one of the Attorneys at Murthy Immigration Services Private Limited in Chennai, India. More information is available on https://www.murthyindia.com/.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived