H1- H4 , in india , Case is in Admin processing , more than 1 month

ArunJAD

Hello experts, 

I have applied for H4 visa ( h1 to h4)  from New Delhi on 5th Sep. Interview was fine, after few generic questions they just said we need to verify certain records and we will contact you. This is more that 1 month and I have not been contacted and online status is still Administrative processing. Government shut down could also be the reason for delay ( assumption), no idea... I am very worried. Is there any body who is in similar situation ?

hey

I was in a similar situation a few months back, unfortunately there is nothing you can do to speed up the process or to find out a status or to predict when you will be issued visa.

I waited for a complete year to get my h1 stamped, admin processing is a very time consuming process and can take anywhere from 4-6 weeks to more than a year. while most cases are resolved within 2-3 months, some cases can take really really long as mine did. I tried everything contacting embassy, contacting my employer, the USCIS all of them told me all I can do is just wait as the process takes its time and we cannot predict when it will be complete.

Having waited a frustrating 12 months I will advise you to keep cool and not focus on this stuff, the more you wait the longer it will feel, just let it take time, keep checking the online status, I hope your case is resolved soon and it doesn't take as long as mind did.

Best wishes

Abid

• 1 month later...

Archived