Can a medical doctor (MBBS) from India currently doing basic science research under J1 research scholar in US apply to get NORI certificate?

kanakaraju

Dear All,

This forum is very very useful.

I am medical dr from India doing basic science research at US under j1 research scholar visa.

Am I eligible to apply NORI certificate from all three departments in India?

In the NORI application form, I am seeing two kind of New Delhi addresses to send the documents to get NORI . One address for ''Medical professionals''(Ministry of Health and Family Welfare)  and another one for ''Non-medical professionals''(The Ministry of Human Resource Development, Department of Education).

I did MBBS in India and then came to USA and I am working as a research fellow under J1 research scholar visa.
Usually, Researchers, who did PhD, send the NORI application to non medical professional New Delhi address. Although I am a medical professional as I did MBBS, My research job comes under non-medical profession and I am not doing any residency or higher studies in USA. I am not sure where to send my documents to get no objection certificate whether to human resource development or health and family welfare.

Could you please help me to know where to sent my documents among those two addresses if someone did MBBS and working as a research scientist in USA and need NORI certificate?

Please e mail to *****************@gmail.com if you have time.

Thanks folks,

Kanakaraju

• 2 months later...

Hi,

Thanks for your reply, but both MHRD and Department of Health refused to give NORI. They said they can not do to any Indian Doctor in abroad regardless of what they are doing here. It does not make sense at all. I do not know what to do. Please give some ideas to solve this issue.

SON or ENC are for Doctors who is going to do residency in US with J1 visa and there is no guidelines for my situation so far. I am very much depressed because fo their answer. Please help me.

Raj

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Go through this link. 

http://www.indiacgny.org/pages.php?id=523

New Guidelines for Grant of Statement of Need Certificate  and Exceptional Need Certificate

The Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, New Delhi have issued new Guidelines, according to which, henceforth, No Obligation to Return to India (NORI) would not be issued by Ministry of Health & Family Welfare (MOH&FW) under any circumstance.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

Thanks for your reply, but both MHRD and Department of Health refused to give NORI. They said they can not do to any Indian Doctor in abroad regardless of what they are doing here. It does not make sense at all. I do not know what to do. Please give some ideas to solve this issue.

SON or ENC are for Doctors who is going to do residency in US with J1 visa and there is no guidelines for my situation so far. I am very much depressed because fo their answer. Please help me.

Raj

Hi Raj,

Were you able to get this done? If yes, can you please help me?

I am in the same situation.

Its crazy n sad!

Looking forward to get some help from you.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi, 

I am currently doing research under J1 research scholar. I applied for NORI and human resource department refused to grant NORI. I am in the same situation.

Did you get the NORI, What happened next?

Please help me.

you can mail me to ****************@gmail.com.

Thanks,

• 5 months later...
  • 10 months later...

Archived