J1 waiver - deciding passport office

hjk

I had j1 Visa in 2011 for 6 months and 2years residency requirement , after that i have been in USA for MS completion, now for changing to immigrant  Visa, I need J1 waiver - NORI .

I read about the total procedure, my doubt is - I had iisued my passport from chennai passport office, and subsequently changed the address on it officialy to Mharashtra to  my permanat address. This update was done in Mumbai passport office.

Now which passport office  should I send my documents for their NOC for NORI?

Also as my parents can help me in this with personally follow up, what documents they need to submit at passport office ?

I had j1 Visa in 2011 for 6 months and 2years residency requirement , after that i have been in USA for MS completion, now for changing to immigrant  Visa, I need J1 waiver - NORI .

I read about the total procedure, my doubt is - I had iisued my passport from chennai passport office, and subsequently changed the address on it officialy to Mharashtra to  my permanat address. This update was done in Mumbai passport office.

Now which passport office  should I send my documents for their NOC for NORI?

Also as my parents can help me in this with personally follow up, what documents they need to submit at passport office ?

Since you changed your address to one in Maharashtra you need to send your attested NORI application there. Along with application attach a cover letter, resume, copy of DS2019, J1 visa, passport copy, educational certificates (just in case).

Archived