Dependant Visa or Student Visa

saurabh23ke

Hello,

I'm an H1B visa holder since 2012. I'm getting married in March 2014 and my fiancee is from India. She's also planning to pursue her Master's in US. Currently she's applying to different universities. After getting married, we are planning to apply for her H4 visa (in March 2014) and once she's in US we'll apply to convert visa from H4 to F1 (in May/June 2014).

I'd like to know if there are any possible complications to acquire H4 visa when she has accepted an admission offer from one of the university in US? Or should we directly apply for F1 visa rather than applying for H4 visa?

Hello,

I'm an H1B visa holder since 2012. I'm getting married in March 2014 and my fiancee is from India. She's also planning to pursue her Master's in US. Currently she's applying to different universities. After getting married, we are planning to apply for her H4 visa (in March 2014) and once she's in US we'll apply to convert visa from H4 to F1 (in May/June 2014).

I'd like to know if there are any possible complications to acquire H4 visa when she has accepted an admission offer from one of the university in US? Or should we directly apply for F1 visa rather than applying for H4 visa?

I can not think about any complication as even on a H4 visa she can study.

Hello,

Since she is preparing for F1, go for F1 first. And if something goes wrong, then file H4.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived