Help on my OPT application process

rajeshgo

Hello,

I did my first master’s in one university. During my masters I availed CPT.  After my masters I applied for OPT and it was denied because they felt I did not live within commutable distance to the school campus. I submitted all the proofs that I attended the school for all the classes, still they denied. First time my application went to Nebraska USCIS office. After my OPT denial, I took admission again in the same university and I continued my second masters. I read in the forums that we can apply for the OPT again if the first OPT was not approved. So after my second masters I applied for the OPT again. This time it went to Texas USCIS office. My application was under initial review for more than 90 days. I called USCIS about my case and they said it was under review. For the safe side, I thought of taking admission in some school. So I took admission in some other school and transferred my SEVIS to that school. After a day I realized that I application of my OPT with my first school which is still in process will be affected. So, I took admission in first school and transferred back my SEVIS to first school.

Now I received RFE from USCIS stating that, in our records it shows that you transferred your SEVIS to other university. So get a new OPT I-20 from this university with the new dates along with DSO sign. The thing is USCIS don’t know that I transferred my SEVIS back to my old school. What should I do now? Should I respond to USCIS explaining them the situation? Or should I just withdraw the application and continue my studies? The thing is that I am trying to apply for H1 in April 2014 and I do not want this OPT to be denied again and have two denials. So, please help me in this regard.

Regards,

Rajesh

Now I received RFE from USCIS stating that, in our records it shows that you transferred your SEVIS to other university. So get a new OPT I-20 from this university with the new dates along with DSO sign. The thing is USCIS don’t know that I transferred my SEVIS back to my old school. What should I do now? Should I respond to USCIS explaining them the situation? Or should I just withdraw the application and continue my studies? The thing is that I am trying to apply for H1 in April 2014 and I do not want this OPT to be denied again and have two denials. So, please help me in this regard.

You messed up everything right from beginning. You were changing schools like changing your shirt.

Contact an attorney NOW.

Archived