New Employer asks me to join just only with offer letter

vpmvpm

Hi,

I'm in Full Time with company 'A' . I got an offer from a contracting firm with company 'B'

He ask me to join the company 2 weeks after his offer letter.

But my question is

1) Can I move to 'B' only just with offer letter and not knowing about the petition number. How safe it is at this shut down time.

2) Within how many days can my employer 'A' can make my H1B inactive if they want to do so.

3) is it safe to do H1transfer during this govt shutdown time.

Waiting for ur replies....

Thanks in advance

Hi,

I'm in Full Time with company 'A' . I got an offer from a contracting firm with company 'B'

He ask me to join the company 2 weeks after his offer letter.

But my question is

1) Can I move to 'B' only just with offer letter and not knowing about the petition number. How safe it is at this shut down time.

2) Within how many days can my employer 'A' can make my H1B inactive if they want to do so.

Waiting for ur replies....

Thanks in advance

1. No, you cannot join just with an offer letter. That comes under unauthorized employment. You need at least a receipt notice of your H1B petition from new employer to begin work even though it is recommended to join after H1B approval. Just imagine what would be your status if H1B petition from new employer is denied and your current employer revokes your H1B?

2. They can do it asap.

3. Nope. As LCAs are not getting certified due to shutdown.

1. No you cannot, moreover what do you gonna do if your H1 is rejected?? DO NOT JOIN BEFORE H1 APPROVAL

2.immediately

3.expect delays.

Archived