Successful visa stamping on Kingston, Jamaica

vijkum

Hi All,

I just want to share my visa interview experience today which I had successfully this morning...Only basic questions were asked...Interview went 10 mins and in those 10 mins he went inside for 6 to 7 mins to verify something...

VO : Good Morning Sir,How are you doing this morning?

Me : I am doing excellent Sir..How about you?

VO : I am doing great ..Thanks for asking..

VO..Is it your first H1B

Me : No Sir,4th extension

VO : Who do you work for?

Me : xxxxxxx

VO : How long you have been with your employer?

Me : Little over 5 years..

VO : What do you do?

Me : Software Programmer

VO : Who is your client?

Me : xxxx

VO : Where it is located?

Me : Its big MNC and it has offices everywhere in USA..So I work in different locations..

VO : Make sense..where are you located?

Me : xxxxx

VO : you said its your 4th extension but your I-797 is going to valid from Feb-2014..How are you working in states without having valid I-797.

Me : I do have valid H1 which is valid till Feb-2014 and gave it to him.

VO : Now it make sense.

VO : Did anyone tell you that you can apply for extension in advance.

Me : Yes Sir,My attorney said we can apply for extension in 6 months advance.

VO : Let me do a quick check on it and went inside..Came after 5 to 6 mins and said I am going to process your new I-797 but there may be a issue..Since your new petition is valid from Feb-2014 in POE you may get a problem...

Me : I spoke to my company attorney regarding this Sir and he said it shouldn't be a problem since visa will not contain any valid from date...It will have issue date and it is valid from that issue date.You need right document to show you are not on out of status..SO you can travel with your current visa and the current and future I-797's.

VO : Sir whatever your attorney said is right..but as you know its depends on the POE person..I am not saying you are going to get a problem..I am just giving you the heads up..If you want I can go ahead and process your visa with your new I-797 or I can give it to you back if you want..

Me : Please go ahead adn process my visa with new I-797 and tried to walked away immediately...(Was thinking he may change his mind :-)

VO : Sir please dont go..wait one more min and gave me the red slip and collect your passport day after tomorrow.

Me : Thank you sir..have a good day a head.

VO : Thank you and I wish you the same.

Conclusion : Please do not show any documents to them until they ask..Looks like they are very new to this visa application..They will get confusion if we show the documents which they didn't asked.I have prepared tons documents and I didn't get a chance to open it even except for current passport+expired passport along with expired visa + Current I-797 and new I-797..And don't try to give more information furiously....

yesterday 6 or 7 people attended and every one got the visas except one guy..he got PIMS verification and VO said to him your passport will be ready on this Friday.

Hope this will help.

Hi Vijay Kumar,

I am planning to attend visa interview soon,Can you tell me how time did it take for you to get the Jamaican visiting visa? can you post the link for any info you have and also can i contact you for more info

Thnks,

PP

Hi Vijay Kumar,

I am planning to attend visa interview soon,Can you tell me how time did it take for you to get the Jamaican visiting visa? can you post the link for any info you have and also can i contact you for more info

Thnks,

PP

you will get Jamaican visiting visa in the airport itself upon arrival...no need to apply Jamaican visa prior to arrival..make sure you have return ticket..otherwise they will made you to buy at at the airport..

Hi Vijay,

When you said the one guy on the day before your interview got to be verified for PIMS..? What did the officer said to him..? Dis he say directly PIMS and said the passport will be ready by Friday or some admin processing and passport may be ready by Friday..?

Please respond to this question as it would be clear for the next person what exactly the response was when you have PIMS verification to be done..?

Hi Vijay,

When you said the one guy on the day before your interview got to be verified for PIMS..? What did the officer said to him..? Dis he say directly PIMS and said the passport will be ready by Friday or some admin processing and passport may be ready by Friday..?

Please respond to this question as it would be clear for the next person what exactly the response was when you have PIMS verification to be done..?

Officer said directly PIMS as per this guy...

Archived