I am in USA and my H1 B is approved and want to apply H4 for wife and son and they are in India

ashvin_183

Hello All,

I just got my H1 B approved  and it's valid from oct 1, 2013 to sep 10,2016 (before I was on F1 status). Now  my wife and my son (2 year old), both are in India and want to apply for H4 for them. I have some question in mind but couldn't find answers by any of topics on this forum,

1) my wife got F1 dependent visa rejected in 2010 (that time we didn't have child), is this can affect H4 visa success?

can VO ask question regarding this during H4 visa interview?  and what kind of question can be?

2) to apply for H4,  do I need to fill up DS 160 separately for my wife and son and pay fee separately and should take visa interview appointment separately ?

3) what important documents are required for H4 visa?

Please some one point out anything regarding this, thanks in advance...

Hello All,

I just got my H1 B approved  and it's valid from oct 1, 2013 to sep 10,2016 (before I was on F1 status). Now  my wife and my son (2 year old), both are in India and want to apply for H4 for them. I have some question in mind but couldn't find answers by any of topics on this forum,

1) my wife got F1 dependent visa rejected in 2010 (that time we didn't have child), is this can affect H4 visa success?

can VO ask question regarding this during H4 visa interview?  and what kind of question can be?

2) to apply for H4,  do I need to fill up DS 160 separately for my wife and son and pay fee separately and should take visa interview appointment separately ?

3) what important documents are required for H4 visa?

Please some one point out anything regarding this, thanks in advance...

1. Not really. What is the reason for rejection.

2. Yes.

3. A copy of all your H1B documents, I797 approval notice, pay stubs and marriage certificate

getting H4 is easier than F2...check the US Consulate's site for the full list of documents for H4...mainly its Marriage Certificate and your H1 documents. Also prepare your wife about your job profile/Title./Client in case you have one...just to be prepared if at all VO asks.

Good luck. Wish that your family joins you soon here.

Archived