Need your opinion on 221g White Issued at Vancouver consulate

garikapati

Hi All,

I have been struggling while waiting for consulate decision on my response to 221 g white that was Issued during Interview on 9/05.

On the day of Interview I was asked about missing paystubs for 3 month during the begining of this year 2013 , When consulate asked me "If I was on bench?" I replied her that I was on personal leave which is a unpaid vacation. so she Issued a 221g requesting for the missing 3 months paystubs and bank statements.As I was dealing with personal situation , I submitted the letter form my employer that describes my leave and some supporting documents on 09/11 .Since then when ever I check my status online the case and status update date are 09/05 which is my interview date. I sent an email to consulate requesting an update and In response I received

below response

Dear Sir,

Your case is undergoing review. Unfortunately we cannot give an accurate timeline on how long this will take. When a decision has been made on your case, you be notified. Should you wish to collect your passport, you may return any business day between
2:00pm – 3:00pm
. (excluding US and Canadian holidays and 3
rd
 Wednesday of every month).

We realize that these extended time periods cause frustration to many individuals, and we are sensitive to the fact that the purpose of the nonimmigrant visa program is to facilitate legitimate travel to the U.S. Nonetheless, the Consulate General in Vancouver, like all U.S. Embassies and Consulates, must adjudicate visas in accordance with the provisions of the law, and, in some cases, this involves extensive administrative processing.  While we cannot predict when the processing of your visa will be completed, please be assured that the Consulate General and the State Department are aware of your concerns and will do all we can to see that the visa is adjudicated as soon as the review is complete.

Regards,

Fraud
 Prevention Unit

United States Consulate General

Vancouver, BC

Its been more than a month since the Interview and I am very worried , as members of murthy forums are well aware of 221g , can you please share your thoughts or advice at this point .

Hi,

I am sorry to hear about situation. Since you never got paid when you were on bench or due to personal issue. If you were sick/ in hospital you need to provide the proof for your supporting documents. You may also need to take the advise from immigration attorney. Currently consulate thinks that your employer is shady and that's why you got the email from FPU (Fraud Prevention Unit)

Hi All,

I have been struggling while waiting for consulate decision on my response to 221 g white that was Issued during Interview on 9/05.

On the day of Interview I was asked about missing paystubs for 3 month during the begining of this year 2013 , When consulate asked me "If I was on bench?" I replied her that I was on personal leave which is a unpaid vacation. so she Issued a 221g requesting for the missing 3 months paystubs and bank statements.As I was dealing with personal situation , I submitted the letter form my employer that describes my leave and some supporting documents on 09/11 .Since then when ever I check my status online the case and status update date are 09/05 which is my interview date. I sent an email to consulate requesting an update and In response I received

below response

Vancouver, BC

Dear Sir,

Your case is undergoing review. Unfortunately we cannot give an accurate timeline on how long this will take. When a decision has been made on your case, you be notified. Should you wish to collect your passport, you may return any business day between2:00pm – 3:00pm. (excluding US and Canadian holidays and 3rd Wednesday of every month).

We realize that these extended time periods cause frustration to many individuals, and we are sensitive to the fact that the purpose of the nonimmigrant visa program is to facilitate legitimate travel to the U.S. Nonetheless, the Consulate General in Vancouver, like all U.S. Embassies and Consulates, must adjudicate visas in accordance with the provisions of the law, and, in some cases, this involves extensive administrative processing.  While we cannot predict when the processing of your visa will be completed, please be assured that the Consulate General and the State Department are aware of your concerns and will do all we can to see that the visa is adjudicated as soon as the review is complete.

Regards,

Fraud Prevention Unit

United States Consulate General

Its been more than a month since the Interview and I am very worried , as members of murthy forums are well aware of 221g , can you please share your thoughts or advice at this point .

Sorry to hear about your case. 3 months of unpaid leave when staying in US on a H1B visa is not allowed. Only maternity leave for that period is accepted. Those 3 months you were actually out of status.

You should be aware of the fact that " A PERSON ON H1 SHOULD BE GETTING PAID EVERY MONTH".

So now, its time to find another employer, moreover you missed the opportunity to be in status by filing a complaint against your FRAUD employer.

You should be aware of the fact that " A PERSON ON H1 SHOULD BE GETTING PAID EVERY MONTH".

So now, its time to find another employer, moreover you missed the opportunity to be in status by filing a complaint against your FRAUD employer.

Cannot he file a complaint now as one year has not lapsed?

Archived