H4 to H1B to H4, then again H1B?

inim38

Hi,

I am currently on H4 status.  Looking for an employer that can sponsor me H1B next year in 2014.

1.  If I get job and H1B visa next year in April 2014,  then Do I have to wait till October 2014 to start working for that employer. Can any employer wait for so long for an employee to start work from October after giving job to that employee in April.

2.  Suppose I  got H1B in April 2014 and later, due to some personal reason I want to come back on H4 again before(or after)  start working on H1B , Can I do that (H1B to H4)?

3.  So, now if I came back on H4 again (after I got my H1B visa approved in April 2014), Am I eligible to go back on H1B again (2nd time) some time later? Do I need to wait till April again for H1B?

4.  Is it easier to get H1B approved 2nd time , if its already approved once earlier(but haven't worked on previous H1B)? OR  Can I get a job & H1B(2nd time) during any time of  an year?

5. Any bad consequences of these change in visas so frequently?

Please reply.

Thanks.

Hi,

I am currently on H4 status.  Looking for an employer that can sponsor me H1B next year in 2014.

1.  If I get job and H1B visa next year in April 2014,  then Do I have to wait till October 2014 to start working for that employer. Can any employer wait for so long for an employee to start work from October after giving job to that employee in April.

2.  Suppose I  got H1B in April 2014 and later, due to some personal reason I want to come back on H4 again before(or after)  start working on H1B , Can I do that (H1B to H4)?

3.  So, now if I came back on H4 again (after I got my H1B visa approved in April 2014), Am I eligible to go back on H1B again (2nd time) some time later? Do I need to wait till April again for H1B?

4.  Is it easier to get H1B approved 2nd time , if its already approved once earlier(but haven't worked on previous H1B)? OR  Can I get a job & H1B(2nd time) during any time of  an year?

Please reply.

Thanks.

1. Yes, that is the law.

2. Yes.

3. If your H1B is approved then you can change to H4 and back to H1B anytime.

4. The chances are same like your 1st H1B petition.

5. If you change employers frequently your resume will look bad.

Hi,

Please reply.

Thanks.

1.Yes, you have to wait till Oct 1st. That's when your H1 starts

2.Yes

3.You can file COS to H1 if your 797 is valid at that time

4.No, H1 approval depends on the documents submitted

Archived