Travel to USA with new I-797(Urgent)

vijkum

Hi Guys,

Right now I am in Kingston Jamaica for visa interview.Today one guy attended the interview though his visa approved he faced the below situation.

His current I-797 is valid until October-11th-2013 and his new I-129 petition approved and valid from 12th-Oct-2013.

Visa officer told him do not travel to US until your new I-797 become valid.

My scenario is also same.

I have my current I-797 till Feb-2014 and my extension valid from Feb-2014 and so on.If visa officer told me that you cannot travel to US until the new H1 become valid what should I do.

I spoke to my attorney and he said Visa is a travel document and it will not contain any valid from date.Its contain visa issuance date, means its valid from the date of issue.To enter to united states you need to have valid travel document along with the right status document.So in your case you can travel to US with existing and new I-797 if your visa got approved.

Is that true.

Can some one please share your thoughts/experiences?

anyway I will post my visa interview experience as soon as my interview is done.Please try to share your thoughts..

Thanks in Advance...

Hi Guys,

Right now I am in Kingston Jamaica for visa interview.Today one guy attended the interview though his visa approved he faced the below situation.

His current I-797 is valid until October-11th-2013 and his new I-129 petition approved and valid from 12th-Oct-2013.

Visa officer told him do not travel to US until your new I-797 become valid.

My scenario is also same.

I have my current I-797 till Feb-2014 and my extension valid from Feb-2014 and so on.If visa officer told me that you cannot travel to US until the new H1 become valid what should I do.

I spoke to my attorney and he said Visa is a travel document and it will not contain any valid from date.Its contain visa issuance date, means its valid from the date of issue.To enter to united states you need to have valid travel document along with the right status document.So in your case you can travel to US with existing and new I-797 if your visa got approved.

Is that true.

Can some one please share your thoughts/experiences?

anyway I will post my visa interview experience as soon as my interview is done.Please try to share your thoughts..

Thanks in Advance...

What your attorney said is right. You should be fine.

Archived